Have you made an Amazon order and believe your package is stolen? There are a few steps you can take to quickly attempt to recover your package or get it replaced.
What to do if your Amazon package is stolen
If your Amazon package is stolen, the first set of steps you can take can be focused on trying to recover your package. Here's what we recommend you to do recover your package.
Verify you entered the correct shipping address with Amazon
Go to Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Find order in question and click "Order Details" > view "Shipping Address" to ensure it is correct
Verify your package was delivered
- Go to Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Find order in question and click "Track Package" > see details on if and when the package was delivered. It's possible your package was delayed. What you're looking for is confirmation that looks like this:
- Search for package around premises
- Check with family, housemates, and neighbors (Perhaps they saw your package and proactively took it in to protect it from porch pirates)
- Have a porch camera? Check footage and see if you can see any activity that might help you get a better idea if and when your package was delivered and if someone picked it up
Wait 36 hours before filing a report. Waiting helps to ensure there was not simply an issue with a delayed package or someone intervening who didn't tell you what they did with your package. Amazon asks its customers to wait for 36 hours before submitting a report because some packages show that they were delivered up to 36 hours before actually being delivered.
After 36 hours, file a report with shipping carrier that delivered your Amazon package.
- To find out what carrier delivered your package, go to Amazon.com > sign in > Account & Lists > Your Orders > Find order in question and click "Track Package" > You will be able to see your tracking info under the title "Shipped with . . ." and will also be able to see what carrier shipped your package. Then you will need to go to that carrier's website and submit a missing package report. Here are links to all major carriers' forms:
- Contact Amazon and inform them you have good reason to believe your package was stolen. Click here to contact Amazon. Tell them you went through the steps above and share any evidence you have gathered. On the contact form, ensure you have selected the order which you believe has been stolen.
Good luck with hopefully recovering your package, and if not recovering it, with getting a refund from Amazon. Experiencing package theft is never fun, but knowing what to do if your Amazon package is stolen can help give you the best chances of recovery.